Pasta recipes are famous all over the world due to their cream and delicious taste and ingredients. Pasta recipes belong to Italian recipes because pasta recipes are famous dishes of Italy. Today, we are going to share with you a healthy and yummy pasta recipe that you can easily cook at home in a different style known as a baked pasta recipe in greek style.
Baked Pasta Recipe With Ingredients and Directions
Here, we will guide you how to make this recipe at home by using the following ingredients and directions.
Total Servings: 6
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 diced red onions
- 1 diced carrot
- 1 diced celery
- 400-gm minced beef
- 500-milliliter tomato passata
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- ½ teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 800-gm cooked penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon of melted butter
- 80-gm grated parmesan cheese
- 300-milliliter bechamel sauce
- ½ teaspoon of nutmeg
Directions for Baked Pasta Recipe (Greek Style)
- Preheat the oven to 180C or 350F.
- Take a large frying pan and heat olive oil over medium-low heat.
- Add the red onions, carrot, and celery to make a quick soffrito. Fry them for 5 to 10 minutes, until the vegetables turn soft and translucent.
- Add Sofrito in the minced beef and fry for a further 5 minutes until golden brown.
- Now add tomato passata, crushed garlic, and cinnamon, and simmer for at least 10-20 minutes.
Note: The longer you simmer it, the more flavor will come out. This can take up to 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, cook the penne pasta, then mix them with melted butter and 50-gm of grated Parmesan.
- Place the pasta on the bottom of a lasagna dish or in a medium-size tray, then layer on the tomato beef sauce.
- Mix the nutmeg in the bechamel sauce and pour or spread on top of the beef sauce.
- Now sprinkle the remaining parmesan cheese on top of the dish.
- Now bake for 50-60 minutes, until the top, turns golden brown.
Your baked pasta recipe in greek style is ready to serve you can serve this recipe with a soft drink or with healthy green tea recipe. Here, you can check out more recipes on our blog like Taco Pizza Recipe.