People like to eat different types of chicken recipes according to their taste, like chicken biryani, chicken shawarma etc. Here, we will tell you about a famous South Asian recipe that you can easily cook at home within a short time known as a Chicken karahi recipe. You can cook this recipe just within 50 to 60 minutes approximately.
Chicken karahi recipe with ingredients and directions
Chicken karahi recipe is famous South Asian countries recipe Pakistan and India. Here, people like to eat this recipe with roti, naan or some time with rice. People cook this recipe in different styles in South Asian countries. Here, we will tell you how to cook this recipe.
- 1 kg chicken
- 5 chopped medium size tomatoes
- 4 chopped medium sized red onions
- 1 cup of yogurt for gravy
- 5 chopped green chilis
- 3 teaspoons of lemon juice
- Salt (According to your taste)
- Red pepper powder (According to your taste)
- Chopped green coriander leaves
- Cumin seeds powder 2 teaspoon
- 2 to 3 cup of cooking oil
- Half cup cream (optional) for creamy taste
- Take medium size cooking pot and put it over medium-high heat.
- Add 1 cup of cooking oil over high medium heat.
- After heating the cooking oil now add chopped tomatoes and red chopped onions.
- Now add salt, red pepper, and cumin seed powder and cook all these ingredients for 10 to 15 minutes until they become in form of paste.
- After making the paste of all ingredients add a half cup of oil by adding chicken in the ingredients and cook them well for 20 minutes.
- Now after 20 minutes add some yogurt for gravy in chicken and cook them for 10 to 15 minutes until yogurt become a part of this recipe.
- After cooking well now add lemon juice for extra healthy taste and cook for 5 minutes.
- Now add green chopped chilies for extra taste and cook them well with chicken for 5 to 8 minutes.
- At the end, Now add chopped green coriander leaves for taste and beautiful fragrance.
You can serve this recipe with roti, naan by using raita and soft drink. This recipe is full of healthy and natural ingredients.
Chicken karahi recipe with Nutrition facts
Here, we will guide you about the nutritional information of this recipe according to the ingredients that we used for this recipe. Here you can check our other recipe Mutton Karahi Recipe.
|Total Calories||224||Sodium||84 mg|
|Total Fats||10 g||Potassium||555 mg|
|Saturated||2 g||Total Carbs||12 g|
|Polyunsaturated||1 g||Dietary Fibers||3 g|
|Monounsaturated||7 g||Sugar||1 g|
|Trans||0 g||Protein||23 g|