Today, we are going to share with you an amazing chicken recipe full of delicious ingredients and easy to cook at home. This recipe is known as a Chicken Shahjahani Korma Recipe, a famous South Asian recipe and people like to eat this recipe with Bread, roti, naan, or chapati.
Chicken Shahjahani Korma Recipe With Ingredients and Directions
Here, we will guide you how to make this recipe by using the following ingredients given below and directions.
- Yogurt ¾ Cup
- Cumin powder 1 Tsp
- Coriander powder 3 Tsp
- Turmeric powder ½ Tsp
- Red chili powder 1 tbsp
- Salt 1 & ½ Tsp
- Onion fried 1 large
- Almonds blanched & grinded 3 tbsp
- Yogurt ¼ Cup
- Cooking oil or Ghee ¾ Cup
- Star anise 1
- Cinnamon stick 1
- Black pepper corns 10 to 12
- Black cardamom 2
- Green cardamom 7 to 8
- Cloves 5 to 6
- Bay leaves 2
- Ginger garlic paste 2 Tsp
- Chicken 1 kg
- Water ½ Cup
- Garam masala powder 1 Tsp
- Nutmeg & mace powder ½ Tsp
- Kewra water ½ Tsp
- Ginger julienne ½ inch piece
- Cashew nuts 6 to 8
- Almonds blanched & sliced 6 to 8
- Take a bowl, add yogurt, cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chili powder and salt, and mix them well and set aside.
- Now take a blender, add fried onion, almonds, yogurt and blend them until they combined well and set aside.
- Now take a pot, add ghee or cooking oil and let it melt, and add star anise, cinnamon stick, black pepper corns, black cardamom, green cardamom, cloves, bay leaves and mix them well.
- Now, Add ginger garlic paste and mix them well.
- Now, Add spiced yogurt and mix them well, cover and cook for 3 minutes.
- Now, Add chicken and cook until the color of chicken change, cover and cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Now, Add onion and almond mixture, mix them well and cook for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Now, Add water and garam masala powder, nutmeg and mace powder, kewra water, ginger, cashew nuts, almonds and mix them well.
- Now, Cover and put it on simmer for 2 minutes or until oil is separate and Garnish the recipe with ginger and almonds.