Winters are here and so is our regular craving for soups. Sometimes, people wish to have something different than the traditional and mostly common chicken corn or hot and sour. When it comes to trying something different, why not try Cold Cream of Green Pea Soup which is enriched with Vitamin E and healthy fats!
Cold Cream of Green Pea Soup Recipe With Ingredients and Directions:
Source: Teamwork Food
- Vegetable oil 1 Tsp
- Onion Sliced 1 Pc
- Chicken broth 2½ Cups
- Salt ½ Tsp
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Frozen peas 1 Bag
- Plain nonfat yogurt 4 Tsp
- Take a large pot and heat vegetable oil in it over medium high heat.
- Add the onion and cover it to cook while stirring occasionally for about five to six minutes or until the onion is tender.
- Add the broth along with tarragon, a few rounds of freshly ground black pepper and salt according to the taste.
- Bring the mixture to boil.
- Add the peas and cook them just until they seem thawed enough.
- Puree the soup to make it smooth in a blender by dividing in two batches.
- If you wish to serve the soup hot, simmer the soup after blending. If serving cold, set it into the refrigerator to chill.
- In case of a chilled soup, add the yogurt and chill in the refrigerator before serving.
- Garnish with basil sprig on the top and serve, hot or cold, your choice!