Today, we are going to share with you an amazing pizza recipe known as Deep Dish Pizza Recipe that you can easily bake at home within a short time approximately 1 to 2 hours including preparation time. Here, we will guide you how to make this recipe at home by following the ingredients and directions given below.
DEEP DISH PIZZA RECIPE WITH INGREDIENTS AND DIRECTIONS
Total Servings: 8 Persons
- 1¼ cup of warm water
- 2¼ teaspoons of active dry yeast
- 2 teaspoons of sugar
- 3¼ cups of flour
- ¾ cup of cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 diced red onion
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- 2 chopped cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 28-ounce can of crushed tomatoes with basil
- 10 slices of mozzarella
- ½ pound of Italian sausage
- Fresh grated Parmesan
Directions for Pizza
- For the pizza sauce, melt the butter in a small saucepan and add the onion, salt, red pepper flakes, and oregano, and sauté until golden brown.
- Add the garlic, sugar, and crushed tomatoes, and simmer for roughly 20 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- For the dough, combine the active dry yeast, sugar, and warm water together and let sit for one minute.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, and salt.
- Add the yeast mixture and butter into the dry ingredients and stir until dough forms.
- Bring dough to floured surface and knead until dough forms into a ball.
- Move dough to large bowl drizzled with olive oil. Coat dough with oil and cover and let rest for 1 hour.
- Remove dough and bring onto floured surface.
- Cut dough in half and begin working the dough out ensuring that it is at least 2 inches wider than your deep dish pan. Double wrap the remaining dough in plastic wrap and place in a resealable freezer bag. Freeze for up to a month.
- Preheat your oven to 425°F/215°C.
- Bring your dough into your oiled and floured deep dish pan.
- Using your hand’s press dough into sides of your dish making it as even as possible.
- Lay slices of mozzarella across the dough, covering the entire bottom.
- Add pieces of uncased Italian sausage on top of the mozzarella and top with tomato sauce.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until crust starts to lightly brown and the cheese is melted.
- Garnish with Parmesan.