Grilled fish served with garlicky tangy sauce and brown rice seems like a perfect combination for an excellent family meal. Kebabs always work in wonderful ways to make your meals flavorsome and memorable for a quite long time! Here is the recipe for a perfect family meal.
Fish Kebabs with Sauce and Brown Rice Recipe With Ingredients and Directions:
Source: Food Fusion
Ingredients For Fish Kebabs:
- Fish fillet ½ Kg
- Lime juice 2 Tbsp
- Salt and pepper – according to taste
- Skimmed milk curd low fat natural yogurt ½ cup
- Ginger and garlic paste 1 Tbsp
- Garam masala powder 1 Tbsp
- Kashmiri chili powder 1 Tbsp
- Crushed corn flakes ¼ Cup
- Oil 3 Tbsp
Ingredients For the Sauce:
- Olive oil 3 Tbsp
- Cumin seeds 1 Tbsp
- Coriander seeds 1 Tbsp
- Garlic 1 Tbsp
- Onions 3
- Chili Powder ½ Tbsp
- Pumpkin or sunflower seeds 1 Tbsp
- Roasted Peanuts 1 Tbsp
- Tomato Puree 3 Cups
- Mint leaves 2 Tbsp
- Salt – according to taste
- First of all, cut the fish fillet into 5cm cubes and toss them into lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Whip the curd until it’s smooth then combine it with the rest of the ingredients. Coat the fish in it and leave it to marinate for one to two hours.
- Thread the fish into skewers and grill it until it seems done.
- Meanwhile, roast the cumin, pumpkin or sunflower seeds, coriander and peanuts for about two minutes. Let the mixture cool and then grind it to form a powder.
- Fry the onions on medium high heat until they are brown.
- Now put the heat on low flame and add the chilli powder along with the tomato, mint leaves and salt. Also add half cup of water and simmer the mixture for five minutes.
- Arrange 3 tablespoons of brown cooked rice on each plate with vegetable salad and ¼ of the kebabs arranged on a side. Pour the hot sauce on the kebabs and serve.