French recipes are famous all over the world due to their amazing and yummy taste and tasty ingredients. Today, we are going to share with you a delicious and amazing dessert and cheese recipe known as a French Cheese Puffs Recipe also called Gougeres French Cheese Puffs Recipe. You can make this recipe at home within a short time approximately 30 to 40 minutes.
French Cheese Puffs Recipe With Ingredients and Directions
Here, we will guide you how to make this French puff recipe at home by using the following ingredients and Directions.
- 95-gm butter
- 125-milliliter water
- 125-milliliter milk
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of pepper
- ¼ teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 250-gm plain flour
- 4 to 5 eggs
- 150-gm grated Emmental cheese, ( Or your favorite cheese)
- 100-gm grated Parmesan cheese
- 25-gm finely chopped chives
- 1 egg yolk
- Preheat the oven over 200C or 400F.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, now add butter, water, milk, salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Allow butter to melt over heat and bring to a boil.
- Once the mixture comes to a boil add the flour and mix well. Stir vigorously until it becomes in form of dough. Cook the prepared dough for 2 minutes, and stir constantly.
- Now, remove the pan from heat and transfer cooked dough to a large bowl, and allow the dough to cool for 5 minutes approximately.
- Now, Add eggs one at a time, and ensure that each egg is fully incorporated before adding the next egg. A thick, smooth mixture of dough should be achieved that just about falls off from the spoon.
- Now, Add Parmesan, chives, and 100-gm Emmental, and stir until fully incorporated.
- Now, Transfer the mixture to a piping bag and pipe onto a lined baking tray. Each puff paste should be around 1 inch wide.
- Wet the end of your finger and gently tap down the peek.
- Now, Lightly brush the puff paste puff with beaten egg yolk and the remaining Emmental.
- Now, Bake them for 15-20 minutes until puffed up and color become golden.
Your recipe is ready to serve, you can serve this recipe with juice or any other your favorite recipe.