The burger is inspired by the green olive burger and it features creamy mayonnaise, black olives, melted Swiss cheese and beef patties spiked with Japanese vinegar which enhances the complex beefy flavor without affecting the meatiness of it.
Grilled Black-Olive Burger Recipe With Ingredients and Directions:
- 12 ounces freshly ground beef 340 Gm
- Japanese black vinegar 2 Tbsp or 30 Ml
- Kosher salt
- Oil-cured black olives 2 Tbsp
- Mayonnaise 2 Tbsp
- Swiss cheese 4 Slices
- Brioche hamburger buns 2 Pc
- Gently mix together the beef with vinegar in a medium bowl. Make sure not to overdo it. Form two patties a bit wider than the width of the buns. Season with the salt and refrigerate for up to 1 hour.
- Meanwhile stir the olives and mayonnaise in a small bowl and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Light the charcoal and when they show grey ash, spread the coals evenly over half of the coal grate. Set half of the burners of the gas grill to high heat and allow to preheat for five minutes while covering the grill. Clean and oil the grilling grate.
- Cook the patties by placing them directly on hot coals turning after time to time for about 7-8 minutes. Then place two slices of cheese on top of the patties and continue to cook for 2 minutes. Let the burgers rest transferring them to a large plate.
- Toast the buns over the charcoal and spread mayonnaise and olives on top of each bun. Set the patties on bottom buns and close the burgers. Enjoy!
Toast buns over coals. Spread olive mayonnaise on top and bottom halves of each bun. Set patties on bottom buns, close burgers, and serve right away.