Everyone like to eat potato recipes according to their taste some people like to eat potatoes as a fast food recipe in form of French fries or in Asian Style in from of curry or any other recipe. Today, we are going to share with you an amazing South Asian recipe that you can easily cook at home known as a Masala Aloo Recipe.
Masala Aloo Recipe With Ingredients and Directions
Here, we will guide you how to make this recipe at home within a short time by using the following ingredients.
- Potatoes ½ kg
- Cooking oil 4 tbsp.
- Gram Dal 1 Tsp.
- White lentils 1 Tsp.
- Cumin seeds ½ Tsp.
- Mustard seeds 2 Tsp.
- Button chilies 4-5
- Curry leaves handful
- Green chilies 3
- Salt according to your taste
- Turmeric 1 ½ Tsp.
- Chili flakes 1 Tsp
- Red Onion sliced 1
- Wash the potatoes and Cut in cube form and boil them for 6 to 7 minutes.
- Now, Soak lentils in water for 15 minutes and drain. Then cut the chilies diagonal and Thinly slice onions.
- Now take a wok heat oil and add lentil and fry them for a minute, when the color of lentil is changed, add onion, cumin, and mustard seeds and mix them well.
- When onion turns translucent then add button chili, turmeric, and chili flakes and Mix them well.
- Add potatoes, curry leaves and salt. Mix well.
- In second last step, add water if required to avoid burning.
- Now, Add green chilies and coriander leaves and simmer for five minutes and turn off the flame and your recipe is ready to serve with naan, roti, paratha or roti. Here, you can check our Naan Recipe.