The recipe is an authentic Mexican rice recipe which is mainly served alongside other Mexican dishes.
Mexican Rice Recipe With Ingredients and Directions:
Source: Indian Vegetarian Recipes
- Long Grain White Rice 1 Cup
- Vegetable Oil 1 Tbsp
- Chicken Broth 1½ Cups
- Onion, finely chopped ½ Pc
- Green Bell Pepper, finely chopped ½ Pc
- Fresh jalapeno pepper, chopped 1 Pc
- Tomato seeded and chopped 1 Pc
- Chicken Bouillon 1 Cube
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Ground Cumin ½ Tsp
- Chopped Fresh Cilantro ½ Cup
- Garlic halved 1 Clove
- Take a medium sized saucepan and cook the rice in oil for about 3 minutes.
- Pour the chicken broth and boil the mixture.
- Mix the onion, green pepper, diced tomato and jalapeno in it and season it with bouillon cube, salt, cumin, cilantro, pepper, and garlic.
- Bring to a boil then reduce the heat to low. Cook for another 20 minutes in steam undercover. The delicious traditional Mexican rice is ready!
- The key to making excellent rice is to cook them properly and to use a good quality chicken broth