Mutton recipes are famous all over the world due to their tasty and amazing ingredients and people like to eat these recipes in a different form it can be in fast food category or any other. Today, we are going to share with you an amazing mutton recipe famous in South Asian countries and people like to eat this recipe with bread, Roti, Naan, or Chapati according to their taste and in South Asian countries people like to eat this recipe in, breakfast. This recipe is known as a Mutton Paya Recipe also called Mutton Trotters Recipe.
Mutton Paya Recipe With Ingredients and Directions
Here, we will guide you how to make this mutton recipe at home by using the following ingredients and directions given below in detail including video.
- Ghee or cooking oil ½ cup
- 2 Red Onions paste
- Garlic paste 1- ½ tbsp
- Ginger paste 1 tbsp
- Trotters 6
- Red chili powder 1 & ½ tbsp
- Salt 2 Tsp or to taste
- Turmeric powder 1 Tsp
- Yogurt 1 cup
- Water 6 to 7 cups
- Whole spice powder ½ tbsp
- Fresh coriander
- Green chilies chopped
- Ginger julienne
- Lemon wedges
Directions For Mutton Paya Recipe
- First, Wash and clean the trotters.
- Now, Take a large pot, heat ghee or cooking oil and add paste of red onions, fry until their color become light brown.
- Now, Add ginger and garlic paste and saute for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Now, Add trotters and give it a good mix and fry for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add red chili powder, salt, and turmeric powder and saute for 5 minutes.
- Now, Add yogurt and mix well with all ingredients until cooking oil separates.
- Now, add 6 to 7 cups of water and cook on low flame until done around 3 to 4 hours.
- Now, Add whole spice powder and put it on simmer for 10 minutes or until desired consistency.
- Now, Mutton Paye is recipe is ready to serve, garnish with fresh coriander, green chilies, and ginger.
You can serve this recipe with Bread, Roti, Naan, and chapati according to your taste.