Today, we are going to share with you an amazing fast food recipe and categorize in pizza and pie recipes. This recipe is a famous in the United States of America and easy to cook at home within a minimum time 2 hrs. This recipe is famous in Chicago the State of America. This recipe is a known as a Pizza Pot Pie Recipe.
Pizza Pot Pie Recipe With Ingredients and Directions
Here, we will guide you how to make this recipe at home by using the following ingredients and by following the given directions. First here is a video about Pizza Pot Pie.
- 8 ounces store-bought pizza dough for Pizza pot pie
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 roughly chopped garlic cloves
- 1 roughly chopped green bell pepper
- 1 small roughly chopped yellow onion
- 1 pound casings removed sweet Italian sausage
- One 24-ounce jar of marinara sauce
- 1/2 tsp of dried oregano
- Pinch of red pepper flakes for pizza sauce
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp unsalted melted butter
- 12 ounces sliced Havarti for pizza
Special equipment: a 1-quart (6-inch ramekin to make pie pot pizza)
- Put the pizza dough in a medium bowl and coat well with 1 tbsp of the olive oil.
- Now, Cover the pizza dough with plastic wrap and put in a warm place until the size is doubled in bulk, about 1 hour depending on the pizza dough.
- Now, Preheat the oven to 400F degrees.
- Now, Put the garlic, bell peppers and onions in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped all of these.
- Now, Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a medium-size saucepan over medium-high heat until shimmering.
- Now, Add the sausage and cook, breaking it up with a wooden spoon, until its color become lightly browned, about 4 minutes.
- Now, Add the red onion mixture and cook, stirring occasionally, until the moisture has evaporated from the pan and the red onions are soft about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the marinara sauce, oregano, red pepper flakes, 1/4 cup of water, 1/2 teaspoon of salt and several grinds of black pepper. Bring to a simmer, reduce the heat to medium-low and cook, uncovered, stirring often, until thick, this will take the round about 15 minutes.
- Now, Brush the sides and lip of a 1-quart (6-inch) ramekin with the butter or cooking oil.
- Now, Line the bottom and sides with the Havarti and fill with 1 1/2 cups of the hot marinara-sausage sauce and reserve the remaining pizza sauce for another use.
- In this step, slowly pull and stretch the pizza pie dough into a 10-inch size circular shape and place it over the ramekin pot and leaving a 2-inch overhang all around the ramekin pot.
- Now, gently press around the edges of the ramekin to lightly seal the ramekin and pizza sauce.
- Now, Put this on a baking sheet and bake until color become golden brown and the top sounds hollow when you tap it, round about for 30 minutes.
- Now in the last step, Carefully remove the baking sheet from the oven, transfer the ramekin to a heatproof surface and place a plate on top and Carefully invert the ramekin onto the plate, using a small spoon to gently pry the dough from the dish. Serve hot.