Ribollita means reboiled and traditionally it is known as a bread thickened vegetable soup. Seems like a perfect meal to me! Try this recipe of Ribollita Tuscan Soup & Enjoy!
Ribollita Tuscan Soup Recipe With Ingredients and Directions:
Source: Sofia’s Kitchen with Sofia Milos
- Cannellini beans, uncooked 1 cup
- Large red onion sliced 1 Pc
- Carrots, diced 2 Pcs
- Celery stalk, diced 1 Pc
- Potatoes, diced 4 Pcs
- Zucchini, diced 10 Pcs
- Swiss Chard, shredded 1½ Cups
- Leek 1 Pc
- Savoy cabbage, shredded 1 Pc
- Bunch kale, shredded 1 Pc
- Salt and Pepper
- Tomato paste 2-3 Tbsp
- 2 days old stale Tuscan white bread
- Soak the beans overnight so that it takes just an hour and a half to cook them on low heat.
- Fry the onion and other veggies in a pan except for cabbage, kale, and beans which shall be added later on.
- When the veggies have softened up, add hot water along with the cabbage and kale. Simmer on low heat for an hour after covering it.
- Add the cook beans with salt and pepper and leave on simmer for another 20 minutes. Don’t forget to keep stirring occasionally.
- Add the tomato paste as a finishing touch to the soup and mix well.
- Next, cut slices of stale bread in an earthenware casserole, alternate layers of bread with the soup until the bread is soaked. Let rest for one day.
- Remove the desired quantity of bread to serve and reheat or “reboil” it as its name suggests!