Today, we are going to share with a very famous Asian Recipe in Indian, Pakistan, and Bangladesh and people like to eat this recipe with special ingredients or bread recipes like Makki ki Roti or Chapati. This recipe is a famous Dish of Punjab side of Pakistan and India with delicious ingredients and this recipe is served with Butter, Lassi, Pickle, and Makki Ki Roti. This recipe is known as a Sarson Ka Saag Recipe.
Sarson Ka Saag Recipe With Ingredients and Directions
Here, we will guide you how to make this delicious and natural ingredients recipe at home by using given ingredients below and directions.
Ingredients For Saag
- Water 2 to 3 cups
- Fresh mustard leaves 1 kg
- Spanish 1 bunch
- Goosefoot 1 bunch (Optional)
- fenugreek leaves 1 small bunch
- Garlic 12 to 15 cloves
- Green chili chopped 8 to 10
- Salt 1 & ½ tsp
- Maize flour or Corn flour 2 to 3 tbsp
Ingredients For Tarka
- Cooking Oil 1 tbsp
- Butter 2 to 3 tbsp
- Garlic Sliced 1 tbsp
- Button red chili 7 to 8
- Ginger Julienne 2 to 3 tbsp
Directions For Sarson Ka Saag Recipe
- Wash Sarson Saag, Spinach, Bathu saag and fresh fenugreek seeds properly and cut or chop them all.
- Take a pot, add water, Sarson saag, spinach, Bathu saag, fresh fenugreek seeds, garlic cloves, green chili chopped and salt, mix them well and bring it to boil.
- Cover and cook all ingredients on low flame cook them for 2 to 3 hours or you can use a pressure cooker to make this recipe.
- Now, After cooking, blend the whole mixture with a hand blender, add maize flour, stir well and cook the until saag thickens, and set aside.
Directions For Tarka
- Take a frying pan, heat cooking oil and butter, add garlic, button red chilies, and ginger julienne and saute them until light brown.
- Now add this Tarka into the Sarson ka Saag.
Your Recipe is ready to serve you can serve this recipe with Makki ki Roti by using fresh white Desi Butter.