Chicken recipes are famous all over the world due to their amazing and yummy taste. Today, we are going to share with you an amazing Asian chicken recipe which is famous all over the world and everyone like to eat this recipe in different styles and taste known as a Smokey Chicken Biryani Recipe. You can make this recipe at home easily within a short time.
Smokey Chicken Biryani Recipe With Ingredients and Directions
Here, we will guide you how to make this recipe at home by using the following ingredients and directions
Source: Food Fusion
- Chicken (Biryani cut) 12 pieces
- Dahi (Yogurt) ½ kg
- Ginger garlic paste 2 tbsp
- Red chili powder 1 & ½ tbs
- Dhania Powder (Coriander powder) 1 tbsp
- Zeera (Cumin seeds) roasted & crushed ½ tbs
- Garam masala 1 tsp
- Nutmeg powder ½ tsp
- Mace powder ½ tsp
- Salt 1 tbs or to taste
- Lemon juice 4 tbs
- Yellow food color ¼ tsp
- Cooking Oil 1 Cup
- Red Onion sliced ½ kg
- Tomatoes sliced 2-3 medium
- Dried plums 6 to 8
- Green chilies slit 5 to 6
- Coal for smoke
- Mint leaves 1 bunch
- Rice Basmati sella 1 kg (soaked 30 minutes) Parboiled with lemon juice, salt, whole spices
- Lemon juice 1 tbsp
- Boil rice with lemon juice, salt, cinnamon sticks, bay leaf and cloves, boil until ¾ the done, strain and set aside.
- In a bowl, add chicken pieces, yogurt, ginger garlic paste, red chili powder, coriander powder, cumin,garam masala, nutmeg powder, mace powder, salt, lemon juice, yellow food color, mix well and marinate for 2 hours.
- In a pot, add oil, onion and fry until their color became brown, take out half of the fried onions and set aside.
- Add tomatoes and mix them well with fried onions.
- Now, Add dried plums, green chilies and mix them well.
- Now add marinated chicken in the cooked ingredients, turn off the heat and give a coal smoke for 3 to 4 minutes then remove coal.
- Turn on the heat, mix all the ingredients well and cover & cook on low flame until chicken is done from 8 to 10 minutes.
- Now, Add mint leaves and mix them well and cook on high flame until oil separates.
- Add boiled rice half, fried onion, remaining boiled rice, fried onion, food color dissolves in water and ginger, cover and steam cook on low flame for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Your, Smokey chicken biryani is ready, serve with mint yogurt raita.