Spicy tofu lettuce wraps an Asian appetizer and users can also easily make it at home. A great alternate of meat in many dishes and really good for health. Nutritional benefits of Tofu:
- Excellent protein source
- Low calories
- Low sodium
- Cholesterol free
- Excellent calcium and iron source
Spicy Tofu Lettuce Wraps Recipe with Ingredients and Directions
Ingredients for Spicy Tofu Lettuce Wraps Recipe
- Vegetable oil 2 Tsp
- Chopped 1 onion 1 ½ cups
- Fresh ginger minced 1Tsp
- Lemongrass minced 1Tsp
- Minced garlic cloves 2 Tsp
- An extra sliced firm tofu 11b
- Chopped and drained chestnuts 1 8 Oz
- Soy sauce 4 Tsp
- Hoisin sauce 4 Tsp
- Vegetarian chili sauce 1-2 Tsp
- Lettuce leaves or 16 lettuce butter
- Black pepper
For Garnishes and Serving
- Grated and peeled Carrot 1 Piece
- Green onions chopped ½ Cup
- Fresh mint chopped ½ Cup
- Chopped peanuts ½ Cup
- Sesame seeds for garnish (if needed)
Directions for Spicy Tofu Lettuce Wraps Recipe
- Add, oil in a pan and put it on the medium heat.
- Now, add ginger, garlic, onion and lemongrass and cook it in a wok for approximately 10 minutes until onions color become brown.
- Then, add the crumbled pieces of tofu, and water chestnuts, cook for 5 mins.
- Now, add all the sauces (soy, hoisin and chili sauce) and start to serve the bowl.
- Platter is ready put the lettuce leaves on it and garnishes within extra serving bowl. Now guests will wrap the mixture in lettuce leave with their choice of garnishes.