Fruit in a soup! What could be more refreshing than a watermelon? Perhaps a watermelon soup! Not all soups are served hot. This recipe is wonderfully easy apart from the laborious deseeding of the watermelon. But trust me, it would be worth all the hard work. Check out the recipe below.
Spicy Watermelon Soup Recipe With Ingredients and Directions:
Source: Jerry James Stone
- Chopped and deseeded watermelon 6 Cups
- Ginger-garlic paste 1 Tbsp
- Fresh chopped mint 2 Tbsp
- Chilli flakes ½ Tbsp
- Olive oil, to cook
- First, saute the ginger-garlic paste in about two tablespoons of olive oil. Set it aside for cooling when it’s golden brown.
- Add some mint and puree of the watermelon into the blender and blend until it’s thoroughly done.
- Now add the mixture into the saucepan where garlic-ginger paste was sauteed.
- Now add Chilli flakes and simmer the mixture until it thickens.
- Season it and let it cool for an hour or two before serving.
- Add a couple of ice cubes if you wish and also spoon over some olive oil for finishing touch.
- Garnish with a sprig of mint and serve.
Note: This soup tastes best if eaten at the same day of preparation.