Chicken is always yum no matter in what cooked form it comes. It is used in thousands of recipes yet it enhances the taste differently wherever it fits in. Check out the recipe for the perfect sweet and sour chicken for people who like to experiment with their taste buds! As always, you won’t regret trying it.
Sweet & Sour Chicken Recipe With Ingredients and Directions:
Source: Chef Faiz Khan Official
- Carrot, sliced 1 Pc
- Onion, sliced 1 Pc
- Celery, sliced 1 stalk
- Boneless skinless chicken thighs 1½ Lbs
- Packed brown sugar ⅓ Cup
- Classic CATALINA Dressing ⅓ Cup
- Lite soy sauce ¼ Cup
- Grated ginger root 1 Tsp
- Pineapple chunks in juice 1 Can
- Cornstarch 1 Tbsp
- Red pepper, cut into strips 1 Pc
- Green pepper, cut into strips 1 Pc
- Hot cooked long-grain white rice 3 Cups
- Place carrots, onions, celery in a slow cooker sprayed with cooking spray and top it with chicken.
- Mix sugar, dressing, soy sauce and ginger until mixed. Cover it with a lid after adding chicken.
- Cook on low heat for 4 to 5 hours, increasing heat to high for the last 30 minutes.
- Drain pineapple, keeping juice for later use.
- Mix reserved juice with cornstarch.
- Add juice with cornstarch to slow cooker with the peppers and pineapple and stir.
- Cook it covered for 30 minutes or until sauce is thickened.
- Serve it hot over steamed rice.