This Thai Green Papaya salad, also known as Som Tum is the perfect combination to provide all the nutrition in one meal.
Thai Green Papaya Salad Recipe With Ingredients and Directions:
Source: RinS CookBook
- Shrimp 10 Pcs
- Red Thai chiles stemmed 2 Pcs
- Clove Garlic, peeled 1 Pc
- Tamarind juice 1⁄4 Cup
- Grated palm sugar 1 Tbsp
- Thai fish sauce 1 Tbsp
- Lime, cut into 1″ pieces 1 Pc
- Cherry tomatoes halved 4 Pcs
- Long beans, trimmed and cut into 1″ pieces 3 Pcs
- Carrot, coarsely shredded 1 Pc
- English cucumber, seeded and coarsely shredded 1⁄2 Pc
- Small Green cabbage, cored and thinly sliced 1⁄6 Pc
- Unripe green papaya 1 Lb
- Unsalted roasted peanuts 3 Tbsp
- For home dehydrated shrimp, dry the shrimp in the dehydrator at 155 degrees for 9 hours.
- Crush the shrimp using a mortar and add chilies and garlic in it along with tamarind juice, fish sauce, and sugar. Also, squeeze three pieces of lime over the top of the mortar while grinding the contents of it to make a dressing.
- Add the remaining ingredients and add papaya at the last but leave the peanuts for the end.
- Use a spoon to thoroughly mix the veggies until they are bruised and coated with the dressing.
- Transfer all the contents to a serving dish and garnish them with peanuts and the remaining lime pieces.
- Do not forget to Dehydrate the shrimp as the actual taste will be lost then